Couponing 101- 3 ring binder system

 


Step One in Couponing is to get yourself a 3 ring binder system going! It doesn't have to be fancy (obviously) - I got my plastic clear inserts for free at a teacher supply depot and added them to an old binder.

I added a plain piece of white copy paper into each sleeve and scribbled the "title" for that section on each one:  Mayo, butter, oils  on one-   Lunchmeats & Meat Products-  Cereals- Breakfast, Fruits & Veggies-
Household Misc.- Beauty & Meds- Paper & Pet Products - Snacks & Drinks-  Milk, Cheese & Dairy-
Sweets & cookies- Baking & baking products-  Misc.

You can tweak it according to your family shopping habits-

I go through the binder about 1x each week & go to each section to get rid of expireds
*** I now have a family who is collecting expired coupons to send to troups overseas - they can use the coupons expired up to 6 mos. !!!!! save & send 'em to me-

When I cut coupons from the paper or print from printer I lay them out into the various catagories listed above & simply slide them into the binder sections

I go to http://www.iheartpublix.com/  each week (you can go to http://www.iheartkroger.com/ - or your local grocery web-site to make your list according to what is on sale.

Now that I have been able to stockpile a bit by saving tons of money- I shop mostly just the BOGO's
(Buy One Get One) - that way I can put a store coupon & a manufacturer coupon on each
(yes, that is 4 coupons on 2 items)  My Publix allows this- some stores vary- check until you find one that does!!!

At http://www.iheartpublix.com/ I can check the sales & she points out the coupons available for those items!
Helps a great deal with organization & sometimes I am able to print from a direct link if I don't have a particular coupon. (most of the time if you wait until that week- the coupons are no longer available) but you can make a list of the coupons you need to pull from your binder!

I go to http://www.pulbix.com/ to make my actual shopping list  an then attach the coupons to the printable list & I'm off !!

It may seem like some work- and it is- but once you start - it is really fun & when you see how much you can save....... you will never want to do it any other way!
*** last week I spent $50.08  and SAVED $87.45 
That means I bought $137.53  worth of groceries & household goods for just $50.08

Would you like to feed your family for $50 a week? Each post will teach a little bit at a time until you get there! http://adventurezinchildrearing.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment