This Week at Publix!

On my trip to Publix just 2 days ago - I spent $102 (which is about $50 more than usual) But...are ya ready?

I SAVED a total of   $157  - that's right- $259 worth of groceries and household items for just $102

I actually made $.31 on each pair of my Lysol spray purchases. HOW?

Well, in Florida we aren't lucky enough to have double coupon days or it would be even easier, but our Publix does accept competitor coupons.
So, I used 2 coupons on each of my Lysol purchases- and they were buy one get one free.

THAT means:  1 spray lysol = 1 manufactors coupon (from the newspaper)  + 1 store coupon (from Winn Dixie's booklet on Spring Savings)

With the BOGO deal - I also put 1 manufacturer coupon on the buy one +  1 store coupon on it

AND not only were both of them free- but I actually made a $.31 profit. (sorry I don't have the exact prices available) but, I'll do a simple example:

Sale cost on Lysol Spray Ceaner (assorted varieties) - $ 2.69  and it's Buy One Get One !!!
pretty good deal already- NOW

If you have 4 coupons total it looks like this:
1st bottle is priced - $2.69 + free bottle= 2 bottles for $2.69
 
place $1 off manufacturers coupon on the first one  and ANOTHER $1 off manufacturers coupon on the FREE one= $2 off so far for a running balance of $.69 still owed

then place a $.50 off store coupon on the 1st bottle and a $.50 off store coupon on the free bottle =
YOU are making a profit of $.31 on the two bottles of Lysol spray

(I bought 8 bottles total because I had enough coupons to make that happen) 

Don't you just love coupons? Publix has decided it's in their best interest to beat the competition and accept their coupons- and the manufacturers pay them back in full - so, it is a WIN WIN!

1 comment:

  1. I am so new at this! Thanks for all the good tips.

    brittany @ www.myabcsoup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete